Don’t want to call them resolutions; sounds too governmental. Instead, I’m noting down—publically—some things I’d like to accomplish personally and professionally this year. I’m going to attempt (sort of a meta-goal) to note my progress weekly for my own record-keeping, motivation, and accountability.
- Read 150 new books (made it through 200, barely, this year. Being more realistic).
- Eat less meat, more vegetables; at least one meatless day per week.
- No candy or sweets.
- I will drink only beer that I’ve brewed myself, when at home.
- Continue working on tech tools for my classes; learning some programming to accomplish this.
- Write more, whether for public consumption or not.
- Continue my current trend of not bringing work home with me in excessive amounts.
- Do more with my family.
- Acknowledge that I’ve hit my realistic workload ceiling.
- Say “no” more (see above).
Some of these are going to be more difficult than others. Stay tuned.