I’m in the beginning and middle stages of a whole bunch of new things, many of which are exciting to one degree or another. I’m a colossal dork, so I use the Project Name Generator to categorize projects in ways I’ll (hopefully) remember. I use Trello to keep track of the different stages and (again, hopefully) keep myself on track.
Some of these projects are purely internal and self-contained–new class ideas, new assessment ideas, and the like. Others will (once again, hopefully) see the public light of day in some way. I like code names because they’re fun, but also they allow me to talk about things publicly (like this) without giving too much away. There’s no legal reason why I shouldn’t talk about these things too much, but I’m becoming superstitious in my old age and don’t want to jinx anything. So, here’s a brief rundown.
- OPERATION LEMURIA is a project so utterly secret and potentially cool that I’m barely allowing myself to think about it. If this works out, it will become public in some way in the Spring.
- POSEIDON DREADED is a conference paper which is not–surprisingly–about Doctor Who. At least, not directly.
- STEAMY FREAKY PARACHUTE is a nifty little set of very brief history writing gigs.
- SWIFT WOODEN JUPITER is a paranormal/history themed project.
- RANDOM ANACONDA is not on the list above, but is a course re-development/updating project I’ll be working on in the Winter semester.
I need to get back in that habit of using this site as a place for keeping track of what I’ve been doing with my work-related time. Stay tuned.